At Nycasoft, we don’t just use talent—we support it, we help it to grow, we celebrate it for the benefit of our employees and our products. Equal opportunity, diversity and affirmative action programs are an integral part of the mission of Nycasoft. We maintain and promote a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital or parental status, or veteran status. We prohibit unlawful discrimination or discriminatory harassment on all of those bases.
Your Right to Work
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document forms such as I-9 and W-4 upon hire. All personnel files and payroll records are maintained under the provisions of the Fair Information Practices Act. Employees may obtain access to their files by completing an access request in Human Resources. Files must be examined in the presence of a Human Resources staff member.
The Office of Human Resources will verify past and/or current employment upon receiving a request from a prospective employer. The policy of the department is to verify dates of employment, title and basic responsibilities only. Qualitative references are not given.
Personal Data Changes
Employees are responsible for insuring that all personal data changes are furnished to the Office of Human Resources. Changes in address, marital status, emergency notification information, etc., should be reported promptly.
Please send your resume to [email protected]
The Software Applications Developer will be part of an agile development team. You will build, secure, test, integrate, deploy, release, operate and monitor in a “you build it, you run it” devops team based hybrid cloud environment.
Job Responsibilities And Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering is mandatory.
- As a Software Applications Developer, Responsible for Design, Architect, Develop and Modify complex software applications according to specifications using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Responsible to supervise the work, code of other programmers in the team and responsible to conduct technical workshops to train them.
- Responsible to analyze stakeholder needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Responsible to Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Responsible to Develop/Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Responsible for analyzing application security using Nessus, McAfee Scan alert and Acunetix tools to identify XSS and Sql Injection attacks.
- Responsible for fixing security related issues XSS, CSRF, Session Hijacking, SQL Injection and also other OWASP Top 10 issues to protect application according to current security coding standards.
- Responsible for building modern single page applications with React JS using JWT secure tokens.
- Develop, Maintain Drupal based web applications that include 508 compliance, security and other Federal Regulated Web development requirements.
- Analyze and Design Content Managements systems like Drupal, WordPress for building robust and reliable applications.
- Responsible to develop RESTFUL APIs with JSON data as a response and document REST routes and the different HTTP methods with status.
- Write Database queries, procedures, functions for data validations and conversions. Develop critical reports by applying mathematical principles and statistical approaches.
- Build & Optimize queries for MySQL databases and administration.
- Responsible for Apache (1.3.x & 2.x), nginx, Tomcat, IIS web server administration and configuration.
- Responsible for managing Vagrant LAMP environment, Linux (Red Hat – RHCT, Ubuntu and CentOS) installation and system administration.
- Responsible for Units & Integration tests for the code written using phpunit, developing Behat, Selenium IDE & Selenium RC tests for regression UI testing and Jmeter scripts for performance and load testing.
- Responsible for building Artifacts for deployments using CI/CD Jenkins and coordinating with DEVOPS.
- Familiarity with Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence etc.) and experience in documenting the software application.
- Coordinate with Product Owner and Business Analyst to gather requirements and responsible for grooming user stories with other developers and maintain backlog with proper scenarios to meet definition of ready.
- Interact with Clients and Nycasoft staff to participate in the preparation of design and deliverable document and he will be required to present the documents to clients and obtain approvals before proceeding with the implementation
- Perform root cause analysis for critical issues and document the detailed description of the issue resolution with technical procedures.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Competency Requirements: Passionate, creative, intelligent, critical thinker, problem solver, Proactive communicator, documents clearly and succinctly, detail oriented, Inspiring, respectful, thoughtful and energetic .