At Nycasoft, we don’t just use talent—we support it, we help it to grow, we celebrate it for the benefit of our employees and our products. Equal opportunity, diversity and affirmative action programs are an integral part of the mission of Nycasoft. We maintain and promote a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital or parental status, or veteran status. We prohibit unlawful discrimination or discriminatory harassment on all of those bases.
Your Right to Work
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document forms such as I-9 and W-4 upon hire. All personnel files and payroll records are maintained under the provisions of the Fair Information Practices Act. Employees may obtain access to their files by completing an access request in Human Resources. Files must be examined in the presence of a Human Resources staff member.
The Office of Human Resources will verify past and/or current employment upon receiving a request from a prospective employer. The policy of the department is to verify dates of employment, title and basic responsibilities only. Qualitative references are not given.
Personal Data Changes
Employees are responsible for insuring that all personal data changes are furnished to the Office of Human Resources. Changes in address, marital status, emergency notification information, etc., should be reported promptly.
Please send your resume to [email protected]
The Computer Programmer will be part of an agile development team. You will build, secure, test, integrate, deploy, release, operate and monitor in a “you build it, you run it” devops team based hybrid cloud environment.
- Develop enterprise web applications as part of a cross-functional agile team.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Produce quality code with a high level of test coverage.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Write functional requirement documents and specifications.
- Assist front-end developers with coding and troubleshooting.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through mentorship.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies.
- Co-Ordinate with Product Owner in Grooming User Stories with other developers and maintain Backlog with proper scenarios to meet definition of ready.
- Provide sizing of the user stories to product owner which were estimated by team and make sure user stories meet definition of ready for developers to work on them.
- Participate in Daily stand up (Daily Scrum) meetings to provide daily status updates and to resolve impediments for team. And also has to participate in Bi-Weekly Sprint Planning, Retrospective with developers and Review by stakeholders.
Experience and Qualifications
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Knowledge on designing and developing OOP, enterprise grade software, in PHP.
- Substantial knowledge of and experience with a modern PHP framework (e.g. Zend, Laravel, etc).
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies & Scrum.
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes.
- Experience with automated testing at multiple layers, preferably with PHP-based tooling (phpunit, behat, etc).
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization.
- Experience with source control management systems.
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Competency Requirements: Passionate, creative, intelligent, critical thinker, problem solver, Proactive communicator, documents clearly and succinctly, detail oriented, Inspiring, respectful, thoughtful and energetic.