At Nycasoft, we don’t just use talent—we support it, we help it to grow, we celebrate it for the benefit of our employees and our products. Equal opportunity, diversity and affirmative action programs are an integral part of the mission of Nycasoft. We maintain and promote a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital or parental status, or veteran status. We prohibit unlawful discrimination or discriminatory harassment on all of those bases.
Your Right to Work
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document forms such as I-9 and W-4 upon hire. All personnel files and payroll records are maintained under the provisions of the Fair Information Practices Act. Employees may obtain access to their files by completing an access request in Human Resources. Files must be examined in the presence of a Human Resources staff member.
The Office of Human Resources will verify past and/or current employment upon receiving a request from a prospective employer. The policy of the department is to verify dates of employment, title and basic responsibilities only. Qualitative references are not given.
Personal Data Changes
Employees are responsible for insuring that all personal data changes are furnished to the Office of Human Resources. Changes in address, marital status, emergency notification information, etc., should be reported promptly.
Please send your resume to [email protected]
The Business Analyst will be part of an agile development team. You will be responsible for defining, analyzing and documenting user requirements, procedures, problem resolutions and new solution to automate processing or to improve existing business processes and associated information systems.
- Responsible for defining the appropriate methodologies and best practices for performing business analysis and design in the support of core organizational functions and business processes.
- Serve as a mentor, resource and guide other people within the Application Development group.
- Write functional requirement documents and specifications.
- Lead design discussions, identify design options, provide UI mock-ups.
- Plan, execute, and document fit-gap analysis, application configuration, deployment, data migration, and integration.
- Develop test schedules, review testing plans, track and document testing efforts.
- Develop project management plans and estimates to support projects and enhancements
- Prepare presentations for business users and senior management.
- Alert manager to potential risks and issues of importance.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies.
- Co-Ordinate with Product Owner in Grooming User Stories with other developers and maintain Backlog with proper scenarios to meet definition of ready.
- Participate in Daily stand up (Daily Scrum) meetings to provide daily status updates. And also has to participate in Bi-Weekly Sprint Planning, Retrospective with developers and Review by stakeholders.
Experience and Qualifications
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Documented experience with SDLC methodology and process.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Solid understanding of technology and familiarity with a modern PHP framework (e.g. Zend, Laravel, etc).
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies & Scrum.
- Strong initiative to communicate with business stake holders for improving solutions, systems, and processes.
- Experience with Project Management tools such Jira, Confluence, Trello, Planner etc.
- Experience dealing with complex applications that rely on many interfacing systems.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Competency Requirements: Passionate, creative, intelligent, critical thinker, problem solver, Proactive communicator, documents clearly and succinctly, detail oriented, Inspiring, respectful, thoughtful and energetic .